This Air Fryer Eggplant Pizza is healthy and delicious and absorbs the flavor of whatever you put on it! It is quick and easy to make and the toppings are endless!
Eggplant Pizza Recipe
If you haven’t tried eggplant before, this is a great way to start! Eggplant is a hidden gem and is perfectly tender when cooked. Since it takes the flavor of whatever you put on it, you do not have to worry about the veggie flavor being too overpowering. It is a healthy alternative to regular crusts that’s low carb but has more body-loving antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals! This is also a great choice to make if you want something gluten-free. Our Zucchini Lasagna is another favorite to try utilizing this versatile veggie!
Using an air fryer to cook these Eggplant Pizzas takes the hassle out of dinnertime. You can cook them in half the time with perfectly crisp edges and bubbly cheese! You can also use the air fryer to reheat them which makes it a perfect tool for leftovers. This became such a fun and easy thing to have for pizza night. We made this with our homemade marinara sauce and the whole family loved it!
Easy Eggplant Pizza Ingredients
Making these pizzas is quick and easy and you only need a few simple ingredients! You can even switch out the sauce for one of your choosing. All of the measurements for each of these ingredients can be found in the recipe card below.
- Eggplant: Half inch slices work best for this Eggplant Pizza.
- Homemade Marinara Sauce: This homemade sauce is super easy to whip up and only requires a few simple ingredients, but the fresh, delicious flavor makes ALL the difference!
- Colby Jack: Colby Jack cheese is the perfect melty cheese for these pizzas. You can also try using mozzarella if you want something less sharp.
- Pepperoni: Since these are individual sized pizzas, using mini pepperoni slices works great!
- Italian Seasoning: If you do not have Italian seasoning on hand, you can use this recipe to make your own! You can customize your own blend to taste.
How to Cook Eggplant Pizza in an Air Fryer
Using an air fryer makes dinnertime so quick and easy! You can cook up to four pizzas at a time and the whole family can help!
- Preparing the eggplant: Pat the eggplant with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Place the eggplant in a single layer in the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for 2 minutes. Then flip the eggplant and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add Toppings: Spread the sauce evenly over the eggplant. Top with cheese and pepperoni and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Air Fryer: Cook for 5 more minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly brown on the top.
The Best Eggplant Air Fryer Tips
These tips are going to help you make the perfect air fryer eggplant pizza. It is best to watch carefully not to overcook
- Eggplant: The perfect eggplant will be heavy, medium in size and have a glossy, dark purple skin.
- Use Nonstick Cooking Oil: This will keep the eggplant from sticking to the bottom of the air fryer. You don’t have to use a metal insert, just place them in the bottom of the basket.
- Seasoning: Season the eggplant with salt and pepper or even our homemade Italian seasoning before cooking for extra flavor.
- Cooking time: Make sure not to overcook your eggplant. You will know that it is ready when it is golden brown in color and tender. An overcooked eggplant will be too soft.
- Bread Crumbs: You can dip the eggplant in an egg wash and bread crumbs before cooking for extra flavor and texture.
- Cooking in Oven: These pizzas can also be made by putting them in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, checking it until the cheese bubbles.
You can serve these pizzas with a salad, pasta salad, or breadsticks for an Italian twist! These are easy sides to put together and will complete your meal in a matter of minutes. You can even have the sides prepared in advance to cut down on prep time for dinner since making the Eggplant Pizza is so quick!
Storing Your Homemade Eggplant Pizza
It is best to enjoy these pizzas fresh, but you can also store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. These are great to reheat in the oven, skillet, or microwave for a quick lunchtime meal. Kids can also easily heat them up in the air fryer!
Air Fryer Eggplant Pizza
Pat the eggplant with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Place the eggplant in a single layer in the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for 2 minutes. Then flip the eggplant for 2 minutes and cook.
Spread the sauce evenly over the eggplant. Top with cheese and pepperoni and sprinkle with italian seasoning.
Cook for 5 more minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly brown on the top.