Enjoy a delicious bowl of homemade Chick Fil A Chicken Tortilla Soup on a cold day. It’s hearty and loaded with beans, corn, and flavorful spices. There’s no need to go to the restaurant when you can make this incredible soup at home.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes the Recipe for Chick Fiil A Chicken Tortilla Soup So Good?
Are you looking for the perfect soup for those chilly days? You found it.
This thick and creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup from Chick-fil-A contains two types of beans, vegetables, green chiles, and shredded chicken. Its large bowl is hearty enough for a light meal, and a small cup goes well will just about anything.
It’s no wonder why Chick-fil-A’s tortilla soup has become a favorite of so many customers.
Why You Should Try This Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Unfortunately, Chick-fil-A’s Chicken Tortilla Soup is only available as a seasonal item on the menu and at select locations. But you can still give into your soup craving anytime you want when you make it yourself at home.
Unlike other copycat Chick fil A Chicken Tortilla Soup recipes online, this version doesn’t contain heavy cream or prepackaged taco spices, giving it a fresher flavor.
Don’t be put off by the number of ingredients. The taste of this soup is worth the little bit of extra effort.
Chick fil A Tortilla Soup Ingredients
For this Chick-fil-A Tortilla Soup recipe, you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- White onion
- Garlic clove
- Black pepper
- Cannelloni beans, canned
- Diced tomatoes, canned
- Green chilies, canned
- Cream-style corn, canned
- Whole kernel corn, canned
- Black beans, canned
- Whole rotisserie chicken, shredded
You don’t need to run to the store to buy a rotisserie chicken special for this recipe. Any cooked boneless chicken will do. You can boil or bake chicken breast for this soup.
For serving, you’ll need:
- Tortilla strips
- Slices of fresh lime or lime juice
How to Make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
To prepare this Chicken Tortilla Soup Chick fil A recipe:
- Warm a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- While the pot is heating, chop the white onion and mince the garlic cloves.
- Add a splash of olive oil to the stockpot, and once the oil starts to shimmer, toss in the chopped white onion and the minced garlic.
- Save time by opening and draining the canned ingredients now. If you want, keep the juice from the can of diced tomatoes to blend with the cannelloni beans later.
- Sauté until the onions become translucent.
- While the white onions are cooking, puree two cans of cannelloni beans along with the cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor. For a smoother consistency, try adding a few tablespoons of liquid (water or the juice from the can of diced tomatoes will work well here).
- Stir in the pureed beans,
- Add the diced tomatoes, green chiles, cream-style corn, whole cannelloni beans, and black beans.
- Mix well and reduce the heat to a low simmer. Cover the pot and cook for around 30 minutes until it thickens. Stir the soup from time to time to prevent it from burning.
- Shred the chicken and put it in the pot. Simmer the soup for about five minutes more with the cover off.
What to Serve With Chick fil A Tortilla Soup
Spoon the soup into a bowl and sprinkle a few tortilla strips on top. Serve with a slice of lime (or a few drops of lime juice) and perhaps sour cream, guacamole, or shredded cheese on top.
How to Store Leftovers
Bring the Chicken Tortilla Soup down to room temperature as quickly as possible. Transfer it to an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to three days.
This soup freezes wonderfully. Portion the soup into freezer bags or other freezer-safe containers and store it for up to two months in the freezer.
What’s the Best Way to Reheat the Chick Fil a Chicken Tortilla Soup
Thaw frozen soup in the fridge overnight or use the QUICK DEFROST setting on the microwave.
Pour the soup into a saucepan and add some tomato juice, chicken stock, or water to thin it out. Cover the pot and reheat the thawed soup in a saucepan over medium-low heat until hot. Stir occasionally.
More Chick Fil A Copycat Recipes
Favorite Soup Recipes
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Chili’s Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup
- O’Charley’s Loaded Potato Soup
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Panera Potato Soup
- She Crab Soup
- Steak Soup
Check out more of my easy soup recipes and the best copycat Chick Fil A recipes on CopyKat!
Add to Collection Go to Collections
Chick Fil A Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium white onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 30 ounces canned cannellini beans pureed (2 cans)
- 15 ounces canned cannellini beans drained
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes drained
- 4 ounces canned green chilies
- 15 ounces canned creamed corn
- 15 ounces canned whole kernel corn
- 15 ounces canned black beans
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken shredded
- tortilla strips for serving
- lime juice for serving
Heat oil in a medium or large sized stock pot over medium heat.
Add onions and garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
Mix in seasonings and blend well.
Add the pureed beans to the pot and stir until ingredients are well blended.
Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and mix until fully combined.
Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 to 45 minutes.
Serve soup with tri-colored tortilla strips.