It is easy to make beef broccoli from Panda Express. This is a dish, everyone will love. This popular Chinese-American dish is made with tender strips of marinated beef, fresh broccoli, and a savory sauce. This is an easy dinner to make that contains basic ingredients you can find at your grocery store.
If you want to unlock the mystery of making delicious Chinese-American food at home. Broccoli stir fry recipes are a great place to start. Once you master this brown sauce recipe, you are well on your way to cooking just like they do in a Chinese restaurant. This is a delicious dish to make at home.
I like to use a lean piece of beef for this. I personally will use what is on sale. I will generally choose flank steak and cut it against the grain of the meat.
You can use sirloin or filet mignon. I find filet to be much less expensive at Asian markets than in regular grocery stores.
Just be sure to cut the beef very thin and we are ready to get started. These strips of beef mean that you will have tender beef.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Oyster sauce
- Rice wine
- Brown sugar
- Soy sauce
- Flank steak
- Broccoli florets
- Seasoned wok oil, or other high-heat oil
- Fresh ginger
Some of these sauces you may not have in your pantry, such as oyster sauce. But I promise if you give it a try, you may be making more stir-fry dishes so you can use it in the future.
Rice wine is great for any stir fry or to make Asian-inspired sauces. The remaining ingredients you should already have in your pantry.
How to Make Panda Express Beef and Broccoli
I am going to suggest a slight change in the way to make Panda Express broccoli beef. I would like you to steam your broccoli a bit before placing it into the stir-fry. This will make sure your broccoli is thoroughly done. If you don’t have a wok you can make this beef dish in a non-stick pan or choose one of your favorite conventional frying pans.
- Prepare the finishing sauce by combining oyster sauce, water, rice wine, brown sugar, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Cut the flank steak extremely thin and place it in a bowl. Mix cornstarch and rice wine together and pour over the steak piece.
- Marinate the steak slices for about 15 minutes.
- While the steak is marinating, steam the broccoli just until it turns bright green.
- Heat a wok or large skillet until it is hot.
- Pour in oil and swirl it around. Lay the steak slices in one layer and cook until browned.
- Turn over the steak slices, add garlic and ginger, and mix around quickly.
- Add the broccoli.
- Give the finishing sauce a quick stir and pour it over the beef and broccoli.
- Stir everything together until the sauce thickens.
Serve this copycat Panda Express Beef and Broccoli with rice for a delicious dinner.
What You Can Serve With Beef Broccoli
You can serve this dish with so many sides, here are a few of our family’s favorite dishes. Panda Express Fried Rice, Cream Cheese Wontons, steamed rice, or even a fresh salad made with Benihana Ginger Salad Dressing. Want to make a fun family night? Be sure to pick up a box of fortune cookies.
How to Store the Leftovers? How Long Does Beef Broccoli Last?
Store the leftover portion in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to five days.
What is the best way to reheat Beef Broccoli?
The best way to reheat beef and broccoli is in a skillet. Heat some oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the beef and broccoli. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the beef and broccoli is heated through.
Do you love Panda Express? Try these copycat recipes!
- Honey Walnut Shrimp Recipe
- Cream Cheese Rangoon Recipe
- Panda Express Chow Mein
- Panda Express Firecracker Chicken
- Panda Express Mixed Vegetables
Favorite Chinese Food Recipes
- Hunan Chicken
- How to Make Sweet and Sour Chicken
- PF Changs Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Authentic Egg Foo Young Recipe
- Mongolian Beef Recipe
- General Tso Chicken
- Chinese Spare Ribs
- Chinese Cookies
Panda Express Broccoli Beef
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Beef and Broccoli
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons seasoned wok oil, or other high heat oil such as grapeseed plus a splash of sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Cooked rice, for serving
Instructions Prepare finishing sauce by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside. Cut the flank steak extremely thin and place in a bowl. Mix together the cornstarch and rice wine and pour over the steak pieces. Stir well to coat all the meat. Marinate the meat for about 15 minutes.
While the steak is marinating, steam the broccoli just until it turns bright green. Remove the broccoli from the steamer. Do not cook it all the way to tender; it will finish cooking while it is stir-fried. Heat wok or large skillet until it is hot. Pour in oil and swirl it around. Lay out meat in one layer and let it cook until browned. Turn over the beef slices, add the garlic and ginger, and mix around quickly. Add the broccoli. Give the finishing sauce a quick stir and pour it over the beef and broccoli. Stir everything together until the sauce thickens. Serve over rice.
The post Copycat Panda Express Broccoli Beef Recipe and Video appeared first on CopyKat Recipes.