Everyone loves a good cheesy potato casserole! But trying to replicate it cannot be easy. With a few tips and tricks, you too can make the best-ever cheesy potato casserole at home, bringing restaurant-quality flavor to your table. Follow these steps to get started! And in no time, you will have your own Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole at home.
What makes the Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole so good?
These cheesy potatoes are served with melted cheese and a touch of chopped onions that have been oven baked to perfection. This side dish is perfect for breakfast it makes a great side dish with your main meal. This copycat Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole recipe is on repeat at my house, and I hope you give this cheesy hash brown casserole a try. If you love funeral potatoes, you will love this easy recipe. The entire family will gobble this one down.
Why this copycat recipe works
This recipe is tried and true; this recipe has been viewed over 3 million times, and people keep coming back and making this recipe. This recipe has been a staple at CopyKat.com for over 25 years.
This recipe is super easy and only calls for a handful of ingredients.
- Frozen hashbrowns
- Ground black pepper
- Minced Onions you can use either a yellow onion or a white onion
- Sour Cream
- Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How to Make Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
Recreating a hashbrown breakfast casserole is very easy and only takes a few steps.
- After you spread the hashbrowns in your baking dish, you will prepare the sauce.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the melted butter, onions, sour cream, and soup.
- Mix all together and pour over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle cheese on the top of the casserole dish
- Bake for 45 minutes, and you are ready to serve. It’s that easy.
- You may use frozen hashbrowns for this recipe. However, you need to thaw them out in the refrigerator overnight.
- If you would rather microwave the frozen hashbrowns, you can do that too. Make sure you drain the potatoes in a colander and pat them dry before you put them in the baking pan.
- Make sure you coat your pan with a non-stick spray. It’s really important to make sure it doesn’t stick to the pan.
What to serve with Cracker Barrel Hash brown casserole?
I know this is going to be one of your favorite recipes. Here are some of my favorite dishes to serve with this classic casserole. Pork chops, fried chicken breast, or even a hamburger steak with gravy are good options for this easy casserole recipe if you don’t want to enjoy it with your delicious breakfast.
How to store leftover hashbrown casserole
You should store any leftover portion in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to five days. You can freeze any portion left over in an airtight container for up to 3 months for best results.
What is the best way to reheat hashbrown casserole?
If you have several portions, I recommend heating in the 350-degree oven. Place the casserole in a baking dish, and cover it with foil for 15 to 20 minutes. Smaller portions could be reheated in an air fryer or microwave.
Hungry for More?
If you like Cracker Barrel, try these copycat recipes:
- Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Bake
- Baby Carrots Recipe
- Eggs in a Basket
- Grilled Chicken Strips
- Ham and Egg Casserole
- Homestyle Chicken
- Kale Brussel Sprout Salad
- Mushroom Pot Roast
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Coca Cola Chocolate Cake
Popular Casserole Side Dish Recipes
Did you make and love this recipe? Give your review below! And make sure to share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!
Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 pounds hashbrowns
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces butter
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 10.75 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese or Colby cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
Spread the hashbrown potatoes in the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
Melt the butter in a medium bowl in the microwave.
Add the onions, sour cream, and soup to the melted butter and mix together.
Pour the soup mixture over the potatoes.
Sprinkle the cheese on top.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until all is completely warm and the cheese begins to melt.