Teriyaki chicken meal prep bowls are perfect for a busy week because they are filling, full of flavor, and healthy. This is an easy make-ahead meal that is something the whole family will love. For lunches or quick dinners, you won’t regret having these in the fridge!
I love a simple chicken meal. It’s a great protein choice to feed the whole family and everyone is always full and happy. You can make so many different kinds of meals too! Chicken is something we eat at our house all the time. We especially love this easy Cashew Chicken, this Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken, and this simple Bourbon Chicken.
Chicken Teriyaki Bowl Meal Prep
I am all about meal prep! Deciding what to make for every meal of the day with 4 kids was so overwhelming. I used to get so burned out so quickly. Now I take extra time at the beginning of the month to decide the meals that I want to make and I plan it out. I have a great list of crock pot dinners and air fryer meals that really help me decide what to make. If you are trying to eat healthy meals this year, this healthy dinner round up has lots of great recipes for you!
Once I’ve chosen my meals, I actually put them into containers and into the refrigerator! Just like these chicken teriyaki meal prep bowls, I can pull one out of the refrigerator and pop it into the microwave for a quick and healthy meal in minutes. I make these chicken teriyaki meal prep bowls for my kids lunches, and they have been so much happier because of it! A full belly at school is so important.
Just a few simple ingredients make up these chicken teriyaki meal prep bowls. The whole point of meal prep is to make life easier right? That’s why I love this simple chicken recipe that is flavorful and easy to make. It’s a simple recipe that all of my kids love. The teriyaki sauce is made of soy sauce, ginger, garlic and other ingredients. It’s so flavorful and easy to make! You can find the measurements below in the recipe card.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast: You will cut the breast up into bite sized cubes before cooking them. That way you don’t need a knife or any extra utensils. It’s so easy and convenient!
- Rice: You can cook your rice however you usually do or use the pre-cooked rice from the store. I share some of my favorite rice recipes below in my tip box.
- Broccoli Florets: You can buy the frozen version, or fresh. Whatever you like. You will want to steam them until soft.
- Snap Peas: Again, fresh or frozen you are going to steam them until soft.
- Teriyaki Sauce: I have a great teriyaki sauce recipe that you should try! Homemade teriyaki sauce is so simple to make, and you know exactly what is in it! There are lots of store bought options that work great too.
- Sesame Seeds: This is for garnish and is totally optional. I love the flavor they give so I always add them.
How to Make Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
These teriyaki chicken meal prep bowls are a family favorite. I love making them for my kids school lunches. They are filling and easy to reheat! Make sure you put your food in a microwave safe bowl so that it is easy to reheat when you are ready to eat.
- Cook Rice: Cook the rice ahead of time or use prepackaged cooked rice for convenience.
- Cut and Cook Chicken: Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Cook the chicken over medium high-heat for 5-7 minutes. The chicken should be cooked through and no longer pink.
- Steam Veggies: Steam the vegetables until tender.
- Divide Ingredients: To assemble the bowls, evenly divide all of the cooked ingredients into four sealable containers.
- Fill Containers: Each container will contain ½ cup rice, ½ cup cooked chicken, ½ cup broccoli, ½ cup snap peas, and ¼ cup teriyaki sauce.
- Store: Seal the containers and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Warm in the microwave and drizzle the teriyaki over the chicken. Enjoy!
Tips for Making Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
I love these simple teriyaki chicken meal prep bowls. You can always change the recipe however you like to fit your needs. You can add more to it if you need more calories, and you can use different sauces to make it sugar free or lower calorie. Here are some tips when you go to make this recipe.
- Using Other Chicken Parts: My kids like all of the different parts of chicken meats, so I usually cook a whole chicken and cut up the entire thing. They don’t all have to be the exact same size. I make this air fryer whole chicken all the time because of how easy it is.
- Using Other Proteins: You can absolutely change up this recipe and use whatever protein you like. You could even make it vegetarian by using chickpeas instead of meat. I like pork and chicken the best.
- Ways to Cook Rice: You can cook the rice however works best for you. I like to make instant pot rice or this simple and more flavorful lemon rice. You could also cook brown rice for more nutrients. You could also make quinoa or cauliflower rice for an even healthier option.
- Adding Veggies: If your family would like green bell peppers or carrots instead, you should make what your family will love! Just steam or saute them before assembling your bowls so they are easy to warm up and eat.
The best part about teriyaki chicken meal prep bowls is you are basically making leftovers! You could also easily double the recipe using the recipe calculator in the top right of the recipe card to make enough for dinner and meal prep.
- In the Refrigerator: You can store your leftovers in an airtight microwave safe container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 2 cups snap peas, steamed
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce, store-bought or homemade
- sesame seeds for garnish
Cook the rice ahead of time or use prepackaged cooked rice for convenience.
Cut the chicken into bitesized pieces. Cook the chicken over medium high-heat for 5-7 minutes. The chicken should be cooked through and no longer pink.
Steam the vegetables until tender.
To assemble the bowls, evenly divide all of the cooked ingredients into four sealable containers.
Each container will contain ½ cup rice, ½ cup cooked chicken, ½ cup broccoli, ½ cup snap peas, and ¼ cup teriyaki sauce.
Seal the containers and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Warm in the microwave and drizzle the teriyaki over the chicken. Enjoy!