White Pizza, also called pizza bianca, is a delicious and soft and chewy pizza crust topped with a creamy Parmesan sauce and mozzarella cheese. There’s every reason to fall in love with this recipe. It’s quick and easy and a total hit!
What’s better than a hot and fresh pizza? I can’t think of anything. If you are looking for a fun and easy meal, then this white pizza is your recipe! Want to make it a well rounded dinner? Then make this Bacon Ranch Potato Salad, this delicious Chilled Cucumber Tomato Salad, or this KFC Coleslaw to go along with it.
White Pizza (Pizza Bianca)
White pizza is a total game-changer! Have you ever been to a restaurant and dipped your breadsticks in alfredo sauce? This white pizza tastes like that but better!! It’s also a super simple recipe to put together and one that everyone will love. The white pizza sauce is basically a simple alfredo sauce, but even easier to make. I share the link to the recipe below in the recipe card. Make sure to check the ingredients list for the sauce and the list below to make sure you have everything you’ll need.
White pizza is also known as pizza bianca, which literally translates to “white pizza.” You probably don’t think of pizza without a tomato marinara sauce, but this pizza doesn’t have any! You can definitely have some nearby for dipping, it’s incredible eaten that way. I’ll talk more about other optional toppings in the tip box below. This pizza is heavy on cheese, so if you are a cheese lover, this is the recipe for you!
It couldn’t get any more simple than this white pizza recipe. The dough, sauce, and toppings are simple and absolutely delicious. I can’t tell you how much my family raved about this dish, and it was so easy to make. There is garlic and onion in the sauce which brings a delicious flavor to the whole thing. You can add mushrooms and herbs to top it off to keep things simple. You can find the measurements below in the recipe card.
- Pizza Crust: You can grab a store bought one, or I love this quick and easy pizza dough recipe! I make it all the time, it makes great breadsticks too.
- Olive Oil: Just enough to brush the edges.
- White Pizza Sauce: This is a super simple Parmesan cheese sauce that tastes like Alfredo sauce, it’s incredible! I’m sure you could grab some from the store, but this sauce recipe is as easy as throwing it all in a sauce pan until it comes together.
- Fresh Mozzarella: This is the ultimate topping for the pizza. Ricotta would be a great addition too, or a substitute. You can get shredded, or buy a log and cut fresh slices yourself.
- Salt and Pepper: I like to add salt and pepper to taste. Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper just make all the difference!
- Parmesan Cheese: This is the perfect topping. I like to get fresh Parmesan and shred it myself, or you can buy it already shredded.
- Oregano: Dried oregano is the perfect companion of flavors for the pizza.
- Red Pepper Flakes: A little spice is just what this cheesy pizza needs to balance the flavors.
- Fresh Basil: I like to add fresh basil on top for a burst of fresh flavor.
White Pizza Recipe
Get ready for the best white pizza you’ve ever had! It’s so simple and delicious, you will definitely want to make two or three of these pizzas. It’s really easy to double or triple the recipe using the recipe calculator at the top right-hand corner of the recipe card. If you have a pizza stone, then feel free to use it! I just have a round pan, and it worked great on that too.
- Preheat Oven: Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prep Dough: Roll out the pizza into a 12-inch-diameter round. Then transfer to a prepared baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Brush Oil: Using a pastry brush, brush olive oil around the edges of the pizza dough so that the crust will get golden brown as it bakes.
- Add Sauce: Spread the white sauce over the surface of the dough in an even layer, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Add Mozzarella: Top with thinly sliced mozzarella making sure to evenly distribute the cheese.
- Add Toppings: Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and dried oregano if desired.
- Bake: Place into the oven and bake for 20-24 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheeses have melted.
- Garnish: Garnish with fresh basil and red pepper flakes if desired and then enjoy!
Tips for Making White Pizza Sauce
A simple white pizza is so fun, and there are lots of ways you can make it your own! If you like pineapple on your pizza (I know, so controversial) then go ahead and add some! If you like spinach, then that is the perfect addition. I love this recipe because it is perfect for everyone with a few little changes.
- Making White Pizza Sauce: The white pizza sauce is something I think everyone should know how to make at home because it’s so simple! Ingredients like fresh garlic, fresh Parmesan cheese, and half and half come together to make a creamy dreamy sauce. I share the link to my homemade recipe below in the recipe card.
- Optional Additional Toppings: Like I said earlier, I’m not going to judge you for putting whatever you like on this pizza! Fresh oregano, bacon, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, some pecorino romano, and extra ricotta cheese are all things we love. Veggies like mushrooms, artichokes, olives, and spinach are so good.
- Dip It: If you think pizza just isn’t pizza without a marinara sauce, I totally understand. You can totally dip this pizza in a tomato sauce if you want to! It’s also amazing dipped in ranch dressing, but that might just be because of where I’m from! Get creative and serve some dips with your pizza, your guests will love the options.
Who doesn’t love to see a delicious white pizza as leftovers in the fridge? You can even eat it cold if you’re into that sort of thing! Here is how to store your leftovers.
- In the Refrigerator: Store your leftover pizza in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If you don’t like cold pizza, then you can reheat it in the microwave slowly, or in the oven at 300 degrees until warm.
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for brushing the edges
- 1/4 cup white pizza sauce
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- dried oregano, optional
- red pepper flakes, optional
- fresh basil, for garnish
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
Roll out the pizza into a 12-inch-diameter round. Transfer to a prepared baking sheet or pizza pan.
Using a pastry brush, brush olive oil around the edges of the pizza dough so that the crust will get golden brown as it bakes.
Spread the white sauce over the surface of the dough in an even layer, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
Top with thinly sliced mozzarella making sure to evenly distribute the cheese.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and dried oregano if desired.
Place into the oven and bake for 20-24 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheeses have melted.
Garnish with fresh basil and red pepper flakes if desired.